This week, The Onion takes a look at the NYPD’s most controversial tactic: stop and kiss. Tensions run high between supporters and opponents in the debate over this police activity.
For more of the best comedy videos this week, head on over to SplitSider.
- Standup Kyle Kinane had a hilarious Twitter interaction with a salsa company, but it turned out to just be a prank by comedian Randy Liedtke.
- Late Night with Seth Meyers‘s writing staff was revealed. More writers may be hired, but the show’s initial staff is Alison Agosti, Alex Baze, Bryan Donaldson, Peter Grosz, John Lutz, Seth Meyers, Chioke Nassor, Conner O’Malley, Seth Reiss, and Ben Warheit.
- Louis C.K. signed a deal with FX to make more TV shows for them.
- We looked at why every conservative version of The Daily Show fails.
- Dummies everywhere thought an Onion story about cops who kiss criminals was real.
- We interviewed Jon Daly about his new Amazon show Betas, Will Hines about improv, and Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland about their new Adult Swim show Rick and Morty.
- Elliott Gould and Seaton Smith will stay on Mulaney for the Fox version of the sitcom, alongside Martin Short, Nasim Pedrad, John Mulaney, and Zack Pearlman, who was not in the NBC version of the show.
- We looked back at Johnny Carson’s early days, Judd Apatow and Seth Rogen’s long lost long-distance rom-com script, and Jim Carrey’s freaky CGI remake of The Incredible Mr. Limpet.
- Broad City will premiere on Comedy Central next month.
- We recommended the week’s best podcasts, the web series #YouUp, and the Twitter feed of Allison Fields.