After no short period of waiting, the new Mac Pro has finally gone on sale. All along it's promised to pack punch, and it might just prove to be your ultimate work station. But absolute power will cost you.
If you head on over to the Apple Store, you can configure the Mac Pro any way you want. If you choose to go the high-spec route, though, you'll be getting:
- 2.7GHz 12-core Intel Xeon E5 with 30MB of L3 cache
- 64GB (4x16GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC RAM
- 1TB PCIe-based flash storage
- Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM each
- Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
All in, this awesomeness will set Aussies back a cool $13,228 inc GST. Also interesting to see that Australia doesn't seem to get a Sharp 32" PN-K321 - 4K Ultra HD LED Monitor bundle option like the US.
Alternatively you could buy a car. Or several cars. Or maybe even a small island to call your own. Take off the monitor — that way you're home and clear for just $12K. To be fair, pricing starts at $3999. [Apple]