As if you need any more convincing that science is awesome, right? Well, Neil deGrasse Tyson wants to make you love it even more. Doing his part for YouTube’s Geek Week, Neil deGrasse Tyson links you up with 10 more reasons to be in awe of science. The reasons include stuff like the Northern Lights of Finland to Cheetah robot running faster than Usain Bolt to liquid oxygen and quantum levitation.
If you’ve seen some of these videos (probably even here!), just think of this as the greatest hits of recent science. Here’s the full list, with a link to the original video:
- Wringing out Water on the ISS – for Science!
- Macropinna microstoma: A deep-sea fish with a transparent head and tubular eyes
- The Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) in Finland
- Liquid Oxygen (slow motion) – Periodic Table of Videos
- Felix Baumgartner’s supersonic freefall from 128k’ – Mission Highlights
- THE SAGAN SERIES (part 1) – The Frontier Is Everywhere
- Cheetah Robot runs 28.3 mph; a bit faster than Usain Bolt
- Quantum Levitation
- Amazing Anamorphic Illusions!
- Does the Universe Have a Purpose? feat. Neil deGrasse Tyson