I’m probably not as big a fan as some of you guys when it comes to Daria and/or Aubrey Plaza but even I have to admit Aubrey Plaza as Daria in a real life movie of Daria is all kinds of awesome. I’d actually like it if more movies and TV shows flip flopped into different style: Game of Thrones as an animated movie Pixar-style, Wall-E as a premium cable TV show and so on.
The rest of this week’s comedy videos, including how not to rob a liquor store, Reggie watts and women cream can be found over on Splitsider.
- Jason Sudeikis announced his departure from Saturday Night Live. To commemorate his decade-long tenure as a writer and performer on the show, here’s Sudeikis’s best sketches.
- Bob Odenkirk and David Cross are going on tour in September to promote their new book of rejected screenplays and sketches, Hollywood Said No! We also got to see them appear together on Comedy Bang Bang.
- The Simpsons and Futurama are doing a crossover episode in 2014, hot on the heels of last week’s news about a Simpsons/Family Guy crossover.
- Andy Kaufman, who died in 1984, released his first comedy album, Andy and His Grandmother, and we reviewed it.
- Glenn Howerton was quoted as saying It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia would end after its tenth season but then walked that quote back and said the show might go on longer, after all. Good thing, since Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner wants to write an episode.
- We talked to Bob Saget about his new stand-up special, That’s What I’m Talking About, and John Trowbridge, the writer/creator of web series Last Night.
- Just For Laughs Montreal picked their “New Faces” for 2013.
- Key and Peele are developing an animated series for Comedy Central.
- Henry Winkler will play Jean-Ralphio’s dad on Parks and Rec this fall.
- We looked at 11 shows that tried to compete with Saturday Night Live but failed, John Oliver’s pre-Daily Show work, NBC’s Rodney Dangerfield sitcom Where’s Rodney?, the short-lived SNL tenure of George Coe, and Kanye West’s bizarre Curb Your Enthusiasm-esque HBO pilot.
- Childrens Hospital and NTSF:SD:SUVreturned for new seasons.
- IFC renewed Maron for a second season.
- We recommended the week’s best podcasts, the week’s best Vine videos, and the 100th episode of The Chris Gethard Show.