You have the Internet in your pocket. The ability to communicate with anyone in the world at your fingertips. A big and beautiful glass screen that’s asking to be touched. Too bad all those things can combine into one giant firework bomb in your pants. We’ve all heard about phones exploding and seen the damage it causes, here’s what it looks like up close. It’s terrifying.
An 18-year-old girl’s Samsung Galaxy S III reportedly exploded in her pants when she was at work and what was once a usable phone became a mangled, warped slate of fire that severely burned her leg. It’s insane to think that the phone you’re either using right now (or maybe just put down 5 minutes ago), can become a burning a bomb. The girl whose phone exploded actually had to have her pants ripped off in order to prevent further injury.
And the burn was bad. Real bad.
The link at the end of this sentence will take you to an image of her leg. It’s not pretty and if you’re squeamish, you shouldn’t click. Don’t tell me in the comments we didn’t warn you. Here it is.