This Samsung Smartphone Just Exploded While Its Owner Was Sleeping

This Samsung Smartphone Just Exploded While Its Owner Was Sleeping

Reddit user Vizionx1208 posted pictures of a destroyed Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone, claiming that it exploded while he was sleeping.

He writes that he had plugged the phone in to charge and gone to bed when he was “awoken by a loud noise and a weird squeaking sound.”

His phone was catching fire, filling the room with smoke and a foul smell. He was able to put it out by dumping a glass of water on it, but not before the phone allegedly grew hot enough to burn his mattress cover. The Redditor also writes that he got a small burn on his finger.

We have reached out to Samsung for comment but haven’t heard anything back yet. But take a look at these pictures showing what a phone allegedly looks like after blowing up.

Slideshow Image

Immediately following the fire being put out.

credit=

Slideshow Image

The phone allegedly burned this hole into a mattress cover.

credit=

Slideshow Image

A bag filled with burned phone parts.

credit=

Slideshow Image

This is the battery!

credit=

Slideshow Image

Look at how warped it is.

credit=

Slideshow Image

Here’s the only bodily harm to come of the incident – a small burn.

credit=

Slideshow Image

credit=

Want to get your mind blown?

<strong>Click here for 10 mind-blowing facts about Google ></strong>


Originally published on Business Insider Australia