The Xbox One controller looks a lot like the Xbox 360 controller, but the new pad actually sports some subtle but relevant differences. Let’s take a video tour, shall we?
The video above shows you the goods and also includes an attempt at a joke by me. Very regrettable, sorry. But… details! For those of you without the time or bandwidth to watch!
- A clickier d-pad.
- Smaller control sticks with a tighter dead zone.
- Control sticks that take less effort to move (phew!).
- A new “View” button in place of the back button… could pop up your inventory or map in an RPG or the leaderboards in an FPS.
- A new “Menu” button in place of the forward button… would go to a game’s menu.
- “Triple-shot” face buttons that make them look snazzier and require less force to use (phew again!).
- Vibration motors (“impulse triggers”) in the triggers.
- High-speed data port.
- Less-obtrusive battery compartment running AA batteries.
Republished from Kotaku.