Nothing weird about sharing a bed, nope. Well, OK, maybe a little bit once adult nappies start getting involved. The rest of this week’s top comedy videos, including some guy talk, some shrooms, and one crazy city council meeting can all be found over at Splitsider.
Other highlights from the week in comedy:
- Comedy Central ordered a show from Broad City, produced by Amy Poehler.
- Sarah Silverman, Michael Cera, Tim & Eric, and Reggie Watts launched their YouTube channel JASH.
- We wrote about Maria Bamford and how she uses comedy to deal with mental illness.
- Justin Timberlake hosted a star-studded episode of SNL, and spent a week on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- We researched and analysed which comedy theatres SNL cast members come from.
- Kristen Schaal and Jenny Slate joined June Diane Raphael in the ABC pilot Pulling, and Keegan-Michael Key signed onto Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair’s untitled USA pilot.
- A Veronica Mars movie earned funding on Kickstarter. Is Party Down next?
- We looked at the lost roles of The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, five great shows that almost jumped the shark, Dan Aykroyd’s four years on SNL, British series Smack the Pony, and John Ross Bowie’s careers in comedy and music.
- Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Paul Rudd once did a reenactment of Sixteen Candles for VH1 that never aired.
- We defended Carrot Top, published a humour piece on growing up with every advantage, and looked at Mike White’s difficult time with his series Cracking Up, Doug Benson’s new documentary, Jim Henson’s early days, and the weirdest episode of SNL.
- We recommend the week’s best podcasts, which include Steve Carell on The Nerdist, Brody Stevens on You Made it Weird, and more, and the week’s best Vine videos.
Splitsider is a website about comedy and the people who create it. It covers movies, TV shows, web videos, books and any other format that exists to make you laugh.