If you love everything about TMZ but just wish it could be a little kinder, gentler, and more generous... well, you probably don't love much about TMZ. But TLZ will be right up your alley.
Full video below:
The rest of this week's top comedy videos, including Johnny Depp's makeup, Ryan Gosling's range, and a look at the future can be found over at Splitsider.
Other highlights from the week in comedy:
- The NY Times reported that when Jimmy Fallon takes over The Tonight Show in 2014 the show will move back to New York City, which will mean a change for the city's comedy scene and that Jay Leno has to go somewhere.
- Despite critical acclaim, HBO canceled Enlightened.
- We gave you a guide to the Chicago comedy scene.
- Christina Applegate is in negotiations to join Ed Helms in the Vacation reboot. Steve Agee, Kumail Nanjiani, and Steve Little are all in Craig Robinson's new NBC pilot.
- There are two dueling Del Close biopics in development.
- We talked to Broad City's Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson about their upcoming Comedy Central series and Eli Braden about his start in comedy and his work on the Howard Stern Show.
- Seth Rogen is set to direct a new movie called The Interview that may star James Franco and himself as a talk show host and his producer who get wrapped up in a plot to assassinate the prime minister of North Korea.
- We looked at The Office's backdoor Dwight Schrute pilot The Farm, a bunch of actors who tried out for Parks and Rec, Boston's Women in Comedy Festival, the web series Huffin' It, Gary Kroeger's years on SNL, Fallon writer Jess Dweck's Twitter feed, the original Dick Van Dyke Show pilot, the dark second season of Girls, and a letter about the California Gold Rush.
- We recommended the week's best podcasts, which included Chris Rock on The Champs and Dane Cook on You Made it Weird, and the week's funniest fine videos, including ones from Conan writer Todd Levin and Whitney star Chris D'Elia.
Splitsider is a website about comedy and the people who create it. It covers movies, TV shows, web videos, books and any other format that exists to make you laugh.