As silly as it may be, there are unwritten rules of Instagram. Don’t cheat and use pictures you took with your DSLR. Don’t post too many pictures of food. Don’t hashtag bomb every single picture. Don’t take it too seriously. Etcetera, etcetera. But you can totally imagine celebrities on their last minute of fame breaking every single one of those rules. Just like this hilarious episode of Very Mary Kate by College humour that pokes fun of Mary Kate Olsen for having a whole crew and writing team figuring out her every Instagram.
The rest of this week’s top comedy videos, including rejected movie pitches, iPhone game conversations, and annoying friends can be found over at Splitsider.
Other highlights from the week in comedy:
- Bob Odenkirk and David Cross are releasing a book of unproduced scripts in September.
- Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair are making a new show together for USA.
- We gave you a list of books to add to your comedy bookshelf.
- This week in future guest spots: Patton Oswalt is going to guest star on Parks and Rec, Seth Rogen and Kristen Wiig will both be on Arrested Development’s new season, and Justin Timberlake is returning to SNL.
- We talked to Jake and Amir about their web series and Ryan
- Quincy, creator of IFC’s new animated series Out There.
- We unearthed this video of Reggie Watts on Bill Nye the Science Guy in 1998.
- We looked at four comedians’ coming-out stories, Randy Quaid’s year with SNL, 20 great characters from coming of age stories, the lost roles of Seth Rogen, the misstep that was the 1992 Steel Justice pilot, and what could be the end of the war between late night hosts.
- We published a retired man’s guide to snow removal and watched Weird Al and Steve Agee’s funny Vine videos.
- We recommend the week’s best podcasts, which featured Scott Aukerman, Julie Klausner, Jon Glaser, Tom Scharpling and other people too.
Splitsider is a website about comedy and the people who create it. It covers movies, TV shows, web videos, books and any other format that exists to make you laugh.