This Christmas, you'll have your pick of not one but two righteously depressing movies hitting the theatres. But between Django Unchained and Les Miserables, who's the saddest sack of all? Samuel L Jackson and Anne Hathaway try to settle this once and for all.
To be honest, the answer probably comes down to how well you tolerate people breaking out into song mor than any plot point. Full video below:
The rest of this week's top comedy videos, including a horrifying Santa Clause, a Kung Fu mum, and a Looper sex paradox can be found over at Splitsider.
Other highlights from the week in comedy:
- NBC is rumoured to be replacing Jay Leno with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show in 2014. Here are our Top 12 Jimmy Fallon replacements, should this happen.
- Jon Dore and Rory Scovel did a Conan bit for the history books.
- Netflix added a bunch of fake movies and TV shows from Arrested Development to its Watch Instantly menu.
- Jenny Slate was cast as Jean-Ralphio's twin sister Mona-Lisa on Parks and Recreation.
- Judd Apatow's latest, This Is 40, was released and drew mixed reviews.
- With Scott Aukerman's weekly live show Comedy Bang Bang gone, we pondered the future of the L.A. stand-up scene.
- We interviewed top stand-ups Kumail Nanjiani and Ted Alexandro and the folks behind the web series Window Dressing.
- We visited the set of Portlandia.
- We looked back on Julia Louis-Dreyfus's three season at SNL, the swiftly-canceled apocalyptic Fox sitcom Woops!,
- We dreamed about comedy documentaries on Chris Rock, Robin Williams, and Lorne Michaels's last year on SNL.
- We recommended a bunch of podcasts and the Twitter feed of Mary Kobayashi (@MaryKoCo).
Splitsider is a website about comedy and the people who create it. It covers movies, TV shows, web videos, books and any other format that exists to make you laugh.