Wow! Even more great reader entries to WIN Gizmodo and Segate's big prize: a trip to January's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas! Also up for grabs: an Asus Zenbook, Canon Powershot camera -- and Seagate Backup Plus portable drives. Entering is easy, but hurry, you need to send it to us by 10am tomorrow (Friday)!
UPDATE: Competition closed -- meet our winner!
We've made it easier than ever to enter this year!
Simply record a 30 second or so mini video review of you talking about your favourite gadget, game or appliance, throw it on YouTube and send us the link via the form below. It doesn't have to be long or super slick (and ideally we'll get to see who you are). Just have fun!
Can you do better? It's not too late to enter! Contact us below.
The winner (as judged by Gizmodo's editors) will become our inaugural Seagate Techspert and sent to Vegas. You'll get the chance the chance to hang out with Gizmodo's editor, Luke Hopewell, and you'll score an Asus Zenbook UX32A Notebook (worth $797) and Canon Powershot SX260 HS camera (worth $350) to help us report on all the amazing tech at the show.
Two runners up will each receive a 500GB Seagate Backup Plus portable drive worth $139. It syncs more than just your local data: A unique “Save” feature connects to Facebook and Flickr to back up all of your important photos with one click.
We'll be updating this post with all the entries as they come in and have a reader's choice poll. Giz editors will take your votes (and when entries were submitted) into consideration for final judging.
So make sure your Facebook and Twitter mates vote for you!
• You'll need to be free to leave Australia from your nearest capital city Monday 7th January 2013 (returning on Friday 11th). Four nights accommodation at a four star Las Vegas hotel is included.
• Competition closes at 10am AEDT on 7th December 2012.
• Sorry guys, but you must be over 18 at the time the competition is drawn. Even then, Vegas isn’t as fun if you’re under 21.
• In the spirit of fair play, the video must be shot for this competition -- and be roughly between 30 seconds and 2 minutes long.
• One submission per person.
• You need to be an Australian resident.
• Linking friends from your social networks to the Gizmodo voting page is encouraged, however, use of “vote farming” sites including (but not limited to) GetOnlineVotes or linking directly to polldaddy.com will now result in instant disqualification. And besides, judges make the final decision.