The PureView camera may be the headlining feature of Nokia’s new Lumia 920 phone, but the display is no slouch either. The company says its PureMotion HD+ technology allows the phone to look better, scroll smoother and respond better to user interaction. Here’s a quick rundown of the best and coolest new features this display offers.
- Automatic colour adjustment to sunlight glare: Nokia says that the Lumia 920 can automatically detect the sun hitting your phone and adjust colours on the fly so that the screen doesn’t look washed out.
- Extra deep blacks: the blacker, the better.
- 1280×768 WXGA display: Nokia calls it “better than 720p”, but it’s really just fitting the aspect ratio of the phone. In any case, those pixels will be nice and dense crammed into a 4.5-inch screen.
- Super-smooth scrolling: thanks to an undisclosed refresh rate, Nokia promises “blur-free” scrolling and pixel transition speeds that are 2.5 times faster than other phones (presumably smoother transitions).
- WORKS WITH GLOVES. I REPEAT, WORKS WITH GLOVES: If you’ve ever lived anywhere with a real winter, then you understand the frustration of trying to use a phone while out in the elements. Nokia’s new screen can detect your taps, pinches and swipes without having to remove a glove and lose a hand to hypothermia. Awesome.