Welcome to Shooting Challenge, where Gizmodo readers test their photographic skills for the admiration of their editors, and for chance to win a shiny new 1TB Seagate Backup Plus Portable drive every week! Entries close Tuesday morning....
The Seagate Backup Plus is designed to make protecting your entire life easy, because with one click, it syncs more than just your local data. A unique "Save" feature connects to Facebook and Flickr to back up all of your important photos with one click. The Backup Plus Portable supports Macs or PCs, speedy USB 3.0 data transfer and a Thunderbolt adapter is also an optional extra. More at Seagate.
The 1TB Backup Plus Portable is a great prize worth $189 RRP and we're excited to give four of them away -- one each week -- to Gizmodo's Shooting Challenge faithful.
You can vote on last week's Elegance challenge here. Who will win the Backup Plus?
This Week's Challenge: Groups
To celebrate how easily you can share stuff with friends thanks to the Backup Plus, this week's challenge is Group Shots.
Rally some friends together and do some crazy stuff on camera for your chance to win the last Seagate Backup Plus Portable on offer! Don't have any friends? What about grabbing some shots of the craziest crowd you can find? Whatever you shoot, remember to be safe, but other than that, anything goes!
We don't want stuff that's been too heavily photoshopped or too staged, and you must include all that EXIF data with your entry in order to be eligible.
How Judging Works
- Each week, Gizmodo readers will vote on the best Shooting Challenge image for that round, and whoever holds the popular vote at the end of the round will walk away with a 1TB Seagate Backup Plus Portable hard drive, valued at $189.
- This week's entries close at 10am on Tuesday, September 18.
- 'Group Shots' voting will begin at 11.30am on Tuesday, September 18, and close at 10am on Tuesday, September 25.
- We have altered the terms and conditions [PDF] for the Shooting Challenge. Linking friends from your social networks to the Gizmodo voting page is encouraged, however, use of "vote farming" sites including (but not limited to) GetOnlineVotes or linking directly to polldaddy.com will now result in instant disqualification. The goal is to grow the Giz Shooting Community in the fairest way possible. Also a reminder to please be respectful and constructive if leaving a comment about a photo.
- The work must be your own.
- You must berespectful and constructive if leaving a comment
- Photos need to be taken the week of the contest (September 13-September 17). No portfolio shots please.
- EXIF info must be visible to us -- check for it before you submit!
- Explain (briefly) the photography equipment, settings, technique and story behind the shot.
- Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences.
- Entries must be submitted via the entry form below.
- Don’t forget to name your image attachment properly!
- Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameGroups.jpg naming convention.
- Please ensure your image is at least 800px wide and no larger than 3MB.
- One submission per person.
- Don’t skip the story part because it’s often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the great photos!
Submit Your Entry
Need Inspiration? Check out the previous Gizmodo Shooting Challenges.
This form has been tested and we've been receiving great entries -- but if you're having issues submitting, please contact Danny Allen.
Image: Phil Plait