When the Socialmatic camera — the dedicated Instagram camera — was aired in May, the photography world exploded in a harmonising chorus of groans and cheers. Get ready to hear that chorus again, readers, as the studio behind the Instagram camera announces that it has a hardware partner and will release the camera to market by mid-2013.
Here are the specs from when the concept was first aired in May:
• 16 GB mass storage;
• Wi-fi and Bluetooth;
• 4:3 touchscreen;
• 2 main lens, first for main capture, second for 3D filters, webcam applications and QR Code capturing;
• Optical zoom;
• LED Flash;
• Internal printer to make your Instagram photos real;
• Paper cartridge with Instagram Paper Sheets;
• Dedicated 4 colors ink tanks;
• InstaOs 1.0, which put together Facebook and Instagram App feature;
It’s designed by ADR Studio, who announced on its blog that the project had found itself a partner and that production units would be available to show off by the end of the year and ready for purchase by mid 2013.
No word on pricing or distribution just yet though. Stay tuned. [ADR Studio]