Man Catches On Fire After Applying Sunscreen Near Grill

Wear sunscreen. Slather it on. But do not, under any circumstances, immediately walk over to an open flame, lest you want to end up like Brett Sigworth, who actually caught fire after putting it on because he got to close to his grill.

Brett's freshly applied Banana Boat aerosol sport spray lotion ignited, causing him to suffer second-degree burns. Aerosol is flammable, according to common sense. Maybe Brett shouldn't have been so eager to flip his burgers and waited a few minutes for the stuff to fully absorb into his skin. The good news is he's going to be OK. But think of it like putting on sunscreen right before you get in the pool -- if you jump in right away, it's going to wash off. And in the case of playing with fire post-application, you might literally get burnt. [ABC News]

Trending Stories Right Now