Welcome to The Gizmodo Shooting Challenge, where Giz readers get to pit their photographic skills against each other for the admiration of their editors on a dedicated theme each week. This week’s challenge: towels.
Why towels, you ask? Because last weekend would have been Douglas Adams’ 60th birthday. And if you don’t understand the relevance of towels in this context (like several of the ignoramuses at Giz HQ), get yourself a copy of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy pronto. But take a clever picture involving towels first.
Please note that we’ve changed the submission rules recently, so make sure you read through them carefully.
1. The work must be your own.
2. Photos need to be taken the week of the contest. No portfolio shots please.
3. Explain (briefly) the photography equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Entries must be submitted via the feedback form here; choose “Gizmodo Shooting Challenge” as the contact reason.
5. Don’t forget to attach your image! (at least 800px wide)
6. One submission per person.
Submit your best photo by Tuesday, March 20, 2012, at 10am AEDT through the feedback form (select “Gizmodo Shooting Challenge” in the dropdown box). Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameTOWELS.jpg naming convention. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences.
And don’t skip the story part because it’s often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the great photos!
Need Inspiration? Check out the previous Gizmodo Shooting Challenges.