It's phone-upgrading season and if you're industrious, you might be looking to sell your phone on eBay or craigslist or pass it on to your snot-mouthed little brother. Whatever, it's going; it's gone; fare thee well, you old piece of junk!
But please don't forget to wipe your data before your phone changes hands. Here's a quick guide for anyone who might need it, so you're not fumbling through options and settings for half the day.
- First, you should probably back up your phone using iTunes.
- Go to Settings.
- From there, go to General.
- Now go to Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- You'll be prompted to enter your passcode at this point.
- It will take a few minutes, unless you've got a fairly ancient iOS device.