This week, the NBN spent up big, explained things in Armidale and got labelled "Extreme".
• Emerson was announced as the winner of a contract to build 10 network facilities centres around Australia; the deal is said to be worth in excess of $100 million. [IT Wire]
• Annitel, a regional SME service provider announced it'll become a retail service provider in Townsville and Armidale [IT Wire]
• Keeping within Armidale, the NBN's also starting to educate folks about itself; it's noted in The Armidale Express that there's an information session coming up to educate regional folks about the NBN. Armidale's one of the first launch sites, but for some reason the information session's in Tamworth. Odd. [Armidale Express]
• The NBN's been rewarding its executives; some $2.3 million was awarded to its executives in the last financial year [The Australian]
• The UK-based Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) labelled the NBN as an ""outstanding example of extreme government intervention". Depending on your position, that's presumably either a good or bad thing — perhaps both. [SMH]