Welcome to The Gizmodo Shooting Challenge, where Giz readers get to pit their photographic skills against each other for the admiration of their editors on a dedicated theme each week. This week’s challenge: Retro Is Cool! We’re talking fun filters over your favourite photos — or straight up shots of old school gadgets. Reminder: Entries close Tuesday!
Think old-school Lomo. Think digital camera plus Photoshop. Think mobile phones with Instagram, or Hipstamatic. Or, as mentioned, just take a shot of your oldest craziest gadget (time to dig out your old Atari 2600 or Walkman). The choice is yours, and there’s lots of creative potential.
New or old photos again this week. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
1. The work must be your own.
2. Explain (briefly) the photography equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
3. Email submissions to [email protected]
4. Include 800px wide image (200KB or less) in email.
5. One submission per person.
6. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
Send your best photo by Tuesday, September 27 at 10am AEST to [email protected] with “RETRO” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameRETRO.jpg naming convention. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences.
And don’t skip this story part because it’s often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the great photos!
Need Inspiration? Check out the previous Gizmodo Shooting Challenges