This week’s challenge is a tricky one: “Childhood photos recreated as adults”. We understand that you might need some extra time — so we’ve extended the deadline for submissions until next Tuesday the 23rd. It’ll be worth it, though! Here’s what you need to know.
We all have cute childhood photos. But would they still be so adorable today? Inspired by Ze Frank, we want to find out! Be sure to send in before and after pics (as above), but otherwise, you’re free to be creative as you like.
1. The work must be your own
2. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
3. Email submissions to [email protected]
4. Include 800px wide image (200KB or less) in email.
5. One submission per person.
6. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
Send your best photo by Tuesday, August 23 at 10am AEDT to [email protected] with “ADULTS” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameADULTS.jpg naming convention. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences. And don’t skip this story part because it’s often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the shot itself!
Image credit: Jeffrey Groom (well, his wife) via Giz US