Welcome to Shooting Challenge, where Gizmodo readers get to pit their photographic skills against each other for the admiration of their editors on a dedicated theme each week. This week’s challenge: food! Ignore your parents, it’s not just OK to play, it’s fun! Submissions close 8am Tuesday.
Sure, you could take a great macro pic of your delicious dinner, or do something simple like a smile face on a plate. But I know there are some secret mash potato sculptors, french fry architects, and creative cake decorators amongst you. Just thinking about it makes me hungry!
1. The work must be your own
2. Photos must be taken after the challenge was announced (no portfolio linking or it spoils the “challenge” part).
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to [email protected]
5. Include 800px wide image (200KB or less) in email.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below).
Send your best photo by Tuesday, August 2, at 8am AEDT, to [email protected] with “FOOD” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameSelfFood.jpg naming convention. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences. And don’t skip this story part because it’s often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the shot itself!
Image credit: Seabamirum, Flickr (Creative Commons)