Koder For iPad: Nerds Rejoice! You Can Code On Your iPad

Koder For iPad: Nerds Rejoice! You Can Code On Your iPad

Do you know what nerds like? CODING. Do you know what nerds don’t like? The iPad. But for the nine nerds who own an iPad, Koder plays both sides. You can tap in all the ,/._;{ crazy symbols you want.

What’s it do?

It’s a code editor app for the iPad, which is a little like throwing a manual transmission in a Prius. There’s probably only a handful of dudes who would want such a thing. You either love the iPad for what it is or swear yourself to a Windows Tablet or something mo’ flexible. No matter though, Koder for iPad has a lot of what you’ll need to geek out: syntax highlighting, a snippet manager, tabbed editing, find and replace, keyboard shortcuts, FTP, Dropbox, iDisk and local storage, etc.

Why do we like it?

I’m totally trying to be a “cool nerd” by grouping all nerds as Apple haters. That’s not true, sorry! So silly generalisations aside, Koder is good at what it sets out to do: there’s easy way to transfer, versatile ways to edit code and hell, even themes to make coding look better. And since the iPad is such a great travel computer, Koder lets, um, coders leave their laptops behind. It’s like a good text editor for writers (but obviously code-focused). Sure, probably 95 per cent of the people using an iPad won’t ever have a use for it but for the other 5 per cent, it fulfils a Java-sized hole. If you code, you’ll love Koder. If you don’t, move along.


Download this app for:

The Best

You can code on the iPad

The Worst

You’re coding on an iPad