If you’ve forgotten the specs, here’s a refresher:
* Increased REDCODE data rates
* New FLUT colour, Gamma and Sensitivity Science. Now same as EPIC.
* More extensive modular system integration.
* Interchangeable Lens mounts including focus and iris control of electronic RED, Canon and Nikon lenses, along with Zoom data (Scarlet 2/3″ Interchangeable)
* “Touch Focus Tracking” with electronic lens mounts and RED touchscreen LCD’s (Scarlet 2/3″ Interchangeable and 8x Fixed)
* Two independent microphone level channels, balanced input circuits, 48V Phantom Power, digitized at 24-bit 48KHz.
* GigaBit Ethernet port
* Scaled 1080P at 60fps
Initially scheduled for launch in December 2010, RED’s been beset with unfortunate delays, and even admitted “we had no idea what we were doing” when making their first consumer camera. I will say though, after watching the test footage, that it certainly looks like they’re back on track – even with all the professional lighting going on in there. Download the video on RED’s forums at RED.