Amish Woman Dies After Laundry Bursts Into Flames

Well, this is awful. An Indiana Amish woman died while doing laundry the old fashioned way - over a flaming pot of boiling water. It appears the flames got out of control, consuming and killing her with burns. Well.

Police say the accident occurred when the woman added more kerosene to the equation (don't do this), which exploded before her. She rejected hospital treatment in favour of Amish home remedies, which might have hastened (or caused) her death. Either way, as mentioned, awful. [CBS Local, Photo: Shutterstock/John Wollwerth]

Trending Stories Right Now