You can interpret the theme in any way you see fit. There are only a few rules that must be adhered to:
1. The work must be your own
2. Photos must be taken after the challenge was announced (no portfolio linking or it spoils the “challenge” part)
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to [email protected]
5. Include 800px wide image (200KB or less) in email.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
Send your best photo by Tuesday, May 31 at 8am AEDT to [email protected] with “Relaxation” in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameRelaxation.jpg naming convention. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences. And don’t skip this story part because it’s often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the shot itself!
The pic above was taken on my Honeymoon in Fiji back in 2008, just a couple of months after I started here at Giz. It was the first (and only) holiday I’ve had that’s been entirely based around relaxing and enjoying the tranquility of doing nothing. The pic itself was taken with my Canon 40D, with ISO 800, f4.0 and 1/6s exposure. Ahh, sweet Fiji…