Heaps of ABC TV shows and movies will be coming to Netflix soon, thanks to a new deal with Disney. That includes all of Lost, all of Scrubs, the first two High School Musicals and a whole lot more.
The deal will bring some episodes from current series to Netflix, too - Netflix did say they were willing to put down some serious coin for new TV—though they'll appear no earlier than 15 days after they first air on telecast. But the old stuff is the real bounty, anyway. According to the release we can look forward to:
• Prior season episodes of current ABC hit series "Grey's Anatomy," "Desperate Housewives" and, for the first time on Netflix, "Brothers & Sisters," all of which are among the network's most successful and popular TV franchises in recent years.
• Every episode of recent ABC favourites "Lost" and "Ugly Betty," the latter making its streaming debut at Netflix.
• Each season of several hit series from ABC Studios, including "Scrubs" and "Reaper," which are both new additions to Netflix.
• A host of content from the Disney Channel, including the hits "Phineas and Ferb" and "Good Luck Charlie," which are also new to Netflix; updated and expanded offerings of "The Suite Life on Deck" and "Wizards of Waverly Place;" and library offerings from the smash hits "Hannah Montana" and "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody."
• A wide range of content from ABC Family, marking the introduction of ABC Family content streaming from Netflix. Included are the hit series "Greek," "Make It or Break It," "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" and "Melissa & Joey."
• Disney Channel and ABC Family movies such as "High School Musical," "High School Musical 2," "Camp Rock," and "Beauty & the Briefcase," as well as new releases "Avalon High," "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam" and "Revenge of the Bridesmaids"...
Things will really get exciting if they start getting the old school Disney Channel Movies into the mix. Johnny Tsunami anyone? [Business Insider]