Netflix Completely Dominates The Internet In Canada

You thought that 20 per cent American figure was impressive? The same Sandvine traffic report says Netflix media streaming accounts for 95 per cent of all bandwidth in Canada during peak evening hours. What is the other 5 per cent? People signing up for Netflix?

Two caveats should be kept in mind when looking at this astounding statistic - peak hours were around 9.30pm and nowhere near this high during the rest of the day. The traffic was also sampled during the first week of Netflix's availability in Canada - so perhaps some launch excitement fuelled the incredible use. But even with these considerations, the figure, if even mostly accurate, boggles the mind. [ZDNet]

Trending Stories Right Now