You might've noticed some of Sam Spratt's Photoshops, drawings and illustrations on recent posts already, but we wanted to take a moment to officially introduce him to you. He's our contributing illustrator and will be sticking around for a while.
Sam Spratt is someone who has doodled and scribbled for a majority of his life, yet he made the decision to go to the Savannah College of Art and Design not because of his love for art, but because of a woman of all things. In the end though, he still wound up loving the field and made his first first oil painting about 3-4 years ago and his first digital painting about 2-3 years ago.
Sir Ian Mckellen + Close up of Nose
Sir Ian Mckellen (Close up of Nose)
Barney Stinson aka Neil Patrick Harris
Tony Hayward and the BP Oil Spill
Creature Series: Four creatures and landscapes generated without photographic reference from Sam Spratt's imagination
Orbital Drop and Shock
Cancer Treatment Via Nanoparticle Dispersion created for the American Association of Cancer Research
Since then, Spratt has won a few awards including ones from Adobe, the Society of Illustrators and American Illustration, been commissioned by Razer to work on some art and drawn Adam Frucci riding a space raptor.
He's also provided art for many Gizmodo posts, such as these:
- Our Gadgets Wouldn't Like Us When We're Angry
- In Praise of the 3D B-Movie
- Beyond Survival: Around the World Eight Times With Les Stroud
- Move Over, Zuck: Google Founders Getting the Feature Film Treatment
- An Ode to Landlines and Desk Phones
- Ray Kurzweil Does Not Understand the Brain
- Giz Explains: What Is Liquidmetal?
- Internet Explorer Turns 15 Today
- The Top 10 Most Dangerous Things You Can Do Online
- Happy 80th Birthday to Fiddlesticks, the First colour Cartoon With Sound
- Sprint Epic 4G Review: The Best 4G Phone
- Happy 60th Birthday, Woz
- PS3's Firmware Updates Punish the Casual Gamer
- 16 Reasons to Jailbreak Your iPhone or iPod Touch NOW
- Yoko Says Beatles and iTunes Still Won't Come Together
- Hillary Clinton: Blackberry Bans Could Infringe On Rights
- The Dark Knight iTunes Extras Gets You Blu-ray Extras Without the Blu-ray
- A Peek Inside the Mind of Dieter Rams
- How Apple's App Store Censoring Process Works
- I Am Very Sorry, Segway Stroller Lady
- Farewell Gizmodo, Sort Of
- Major Corporations Are Downloading Those 100 Million Facebook Profiles off BitTorrent
- DRM Buster FAQ: What It Means For You
- Why Did Microsoft Really Give Free Phones to Employees?
- Microsoft Devours Earnings With Record $US16 Billion Revenue
- Were PC Gamers Too Good For Microsoft's Cross-Platform Gaming Project?
- Wikileaks Critic Adrian Lamo Defends Manning Decision
- Parents, Your Kids Aren't Getting High i-Dosing MP3s