JooJoo's Refunds Smell Awfully Fishy

After the lawsuits and delays, this reader's experience - asking for a refund - truly puts JooJoo's reputation on the line. It feels written by a Nigerian scammer, rather than customer support. Here's their whole email exchange. You'll be the judge.

From: Rony Mirzaians

Date: Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Subject: JooJoo Customer Experience

To: [email protected] I thought you guys might be interested in how JooJoo is handling customer refunds. It's quite simple actually, they are giving people the run around!

See my email string. This might be something worth sharing with people who want to buy a JooJoo:

Original order confirmation

PayPal   *Shipping Address:*

Rony Mirzaians

[ADDRESS REMOVED]

*Additional Information:*

Shipping: you will receive delivery of your order within 8 - 10

weeks.

We will be in touch regularly to update you on status. Please contact

[email protected] should you have any question

Item price qty sub total

JooJoo  $499.00  1  $499.00

JooJoo Stand $US29.99 1 $US29.99

*TOTAL*  *$528.99*

First request for refund

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Rony Mirzaians wrote:

To Support,

I would like to cancel my Pre-Order of the JooJoo as with the push

back

in shipping date I dont think I will see the product until May!

Please let me know what is needed to cancel the Pre-Order

Thanks

Rony

JooJoo support's reply

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Support Joojoo <[email protected]

wrote:

Dear Rony,

We will revert on this within the next 24 hours.

Thank You.

JooJoo

Second request after 48 hours

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Rony Mirzaians wrote:

Nobody has reverted and it's been 48 hours.

Please confirm cancellation and provide update asap

Thanks!

Joojoo's reply

Support Joojoo" <[email protected] wrote:

Rony,

Your order has been cancelled and your cash refunded.

Thank You.

joojoo

Customer's reply

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Rony Mirzaians wrote:

Gentlemen

My card has still not been credited and I will be reporting this directly

to my credit company as well as posting my experience on engaget, gizmodo,

and any consumerist.

Unless you send me proof that you have refunded .

Please advise

JooJoo's last reply

"Support Joojoo" <[email protected] wrote:

Dear Rony,

We have checked this at our end and there seems to be a problem with

refunding via paypal.

To avoid any further wait time, could you send us your bank name, bank

account name, bank account number, sort or swift code and your bank address.

We will have a direct transfer done to your bank account. If you could

provide us the details today, we will ensure that the refund hits your bank

account by friday of this week.

Please advise . Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best,

joojoo

Final reply from customer

From: Rony Mirzaians

Date: Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Subject: Re: [JooJoo]Purchase Receipt for Order FSG259-143035

To: Support Joojoo

There is no way I will send that.

It is charged on a credit card via paypal.

I use paypal all the time and never have problems refunding.

I am reporting this to my credit card company today.

Update: Fusion Garage has sent us their version of the story:

Fusion Garage has been following up with a PayPal customer representative on the topic of refunds. While the company has successfully provided refunds via PayPal, we have experienced three unique instances where PayPal has not been able to process a refund quickly enough in response to a customer request.

While one customer opted to continue their joojoo order before this information was delivered, in the other two instances the company noted the PayPal issue to the customer, and offered to refund the amount paid directly to their bank accounts.

This unusual step was taken to provide the two customers with a refund in the most timely manner possible after an unanticipated delay. One refund has been processed and we are working to resolve the other.