Last June, the US cable/sat industry announced plans for TV Everywhere, a way to bridge subscription television content to internet-connected devices. Comcast has just announced that their version of TV Everywhere, called On Demand Online, arrives next month.
Currently in beta with 5000 subscribers, here’s what we know:
• It’s free with a subscription
• You authenticate up to three devices through Comcast.net or Fancast.com
• Video playback on Move Networks player
• Video on Demand content, though no word on HD content
• Streaming will count against Comcast’s 250GB monthly bandwidth caps
But don’t take our word for it. Watch the whole interview with Comcast’s Amy Banse here: