This little homemade robot takes all of those impressive no-look Dragonforce-on-expert Rock Band/Guitar Hero YouTube videos and destroys them with a cold, clockwork efficiency.
Here’s how it works in a nutshell:
– light sensors read the falling notes (brightness set to max)
– light data is sent to an Arduino Mega, which is monitoring for data spikes
– The Arduino filters the data, and sets a threshold for “on” and “off”
– an “on” means the tiny robot finger presses the screen
– the capacitive touchscreen requires a human touch to operate, so a rudimentary Xacto knife/copper wire workaround was created. Simply hold the knife while the robot plays, and the current is enough to trick the iPhone