Giz reader Nicholas has a little problem with his MacBook Pro: It's shocking the crap out of him. It "sparks right at the bottom centre of the trackpad". But Apple Geniuses tell him it's actually just fine.
While it's possible Nicholas is just building up static and shocking himself, he says it happens "everywhere" and that when he used his friend's MacBook for a week, he went electrotherapy free. It's rare, but he's not entirely alone in his account.
The most often suggested solution is to stick to using the three-prong adaptor, plugged into a grounded outlet. That won't help Nicholas so much, since he says it happens on battery power too. Besides getting Apple to finally replace MacBook or wearing gloves, do you guys have any possible solutions for Nicholas?