Another reason I'm glad I'm a dog person: Fire crews in Queensland are investigating whether a house fire on the Gold Coast was started by a cat peeing on the family laptop.
According to the Courier Mail, two teenage boys were home alone for the weekend when their house caught fire, which was traced back to a laptop. Apparently the boys let the cat out, but it somehow got back inside, peed on the laptop and burnt the house down.
Both boys evacuated the house after smoke detectors went off. The well being of the cat is unknown.
I hate to state the obvious but it just goes to show: cat pee and electronics don't mix.