The spotlight this week may be pointed at the iPhone 3GS—and with good reason—but it's not the only flavour of smartphone ice cream. Here's a quick path to more info about all smartphones (and no dumb ones!)
• The four big carriers, the four best smartphone platforms, the best information your going to get on the subject anywhere: Smartphone Buyer's Guide: The Best of the Best
• Got a few smartphones already in mind? We probably reviewed them: Palm Pre (WebOS) iPhone 3GS BlackBerry Bold BlackBerry Storm T-Mobile G1 (Android) T-Mobile myTouch 3G (Android) Samsung Omnia (WinMo) Note: There's no Nokia Symbian smartphone on this list because at the moment in the US, there's no handset we feel confident to recommend.
• Since surfing the web is one of the biggest reasons to choose a smartphone—and one of the biggest differentiators between smartphones—it's worth it to glance over the Mobile Browser Battlemodo, and its little sister, the Windows Mobile Browser Battlemodo.
• If you've already whittled it down to Palm Pre vs. iPhone 3GS, check out our roundup of reviews and news stories for each: Pre vs. 3GS: How To Make the Right Decision. Or you could just skip to this sweet flowchart.
• OK, OK, so you're set on that durned iPhone, but which one? The $US99 3G? Or $US199 step-up 3GS? $US100 is a lot to think about (even if it amounts to less than two months of actual service): 3GS vs 3G Feature Chart Comparison