On the back of their new ad campaign being launched last night, today Freeview have announced which companies will be releasing Freeview badged equipment. And there are some biggies in there.The following companies are participating:
· Arista Electronics Pty Ltd
· Digital Products Group (Beyonwiz)
· Hills Industries Ltd (DGTEC)
· Hybrid Television Services (ANZ) Pty Ltd
· Kogan Technologies
· LG Electronics Australia Pty Ltd
· Panasonic Australia Pty Ltd
· Pixel Magic Systems Ltd
· Sharp Corporation
· Sony Australia Pty Ltd
· Strong Technologies Pty Ltd
What will be really interesting here is to see what products the main players stick the Freeview badge on. Because if Sony, Panasonic, LG and Sharp are just releasing Freeview branded TVs, then issues like lack of ad-skipping aren’t applicable. It’s only when you get into discussing DVRs that the issue becomes murky (even though their marketing has been one confusing, misleading clusterf^%k).
I’m sure we’ll be hearing a lot more on the development of Freeview and Freeview branded products in the very near future. Stay tuned.