If you love gadgets, games, technology, celebrity gossip and babies, and have experience as a web designer, we could have the perfect job for you. Gizmodo AU’s publisher, Allure Media, is looking for a part time web designer to work across our range of sites. Full details below: About the role
Are you a web design whiz? We’re on the hunt for a great designer to make our sites and advertisers look great.
• Design and implement fireplaces and panoramas for our clients (* see below of this ad for details);
• Improve the look and user experience of our existing websites;
• Design new sections and websites; and
• Propose new advertising executions that achieve advertiser objectives while maintaining a great user experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
• Branding, site layouts and structures, and “web 2.0” design fundamentals;
• Photoshop and Flash (ActionScript experience a plus);
• HTML and CSS (you must be able to code without the aid of a WYSIWYG editor)
… and will have a proven portfolio of previous work with a passion for internet media.
It’s a bonus if you:
• Have experience with Illustrator;
• Have knowledge of any other web languages;
• Have worked with publishers, editors, account managers, advertisers or media agencies in the past;
• Understand web standards, accessibility and cross-browser compatibility; and
• Understand current web technologies and trends.
This is a 2-3 day/week role in our inner Sydney office, with potential to grow to full time. You might be freelancing or studying at the moment but like the idea of a steady, regular gig.
About Allure Media
Allure Media is one of the country’s fastest-growing digital publishers, reaching more than 1.5 million Australians each month. Our five websites cover consumer technology, computer games, celebrity and entertainment, parenting, and personal productivity, and we have aggressive plans to launch in other categories over the next 12 months. Our partners include some of the world’s most innovative publishers, including top blog company Gawker Media. Backed by the same team that launched ninemsn and EBay Australia/NZ, our management team has backgrounds in senior journalism and commercial roles at News Limited, Yahoo! and ACP Magazines.
We offer a fast-moving, innovative yet casual working environment. We are a small team, meaning every staff member has the opportunity to make a real contribution to our sites and our business.
To apply, please email your resume, a covering letter and examples of your work (either attachments or links) to [email protected]
* See http://www.alluremedia.com.au/advertise/Allure%20Media%20-%20takeover%20specification%20-%20210109.pdf for takeover specifications and http://www.alluremedia.com.au/advertise/panorama.html for panorama examples.