The taskbar in Windows 7 is a revamped combination of the previous Quick Launch and Vista’s taskbar, but if you really, really miss Quick Launch, then keep reading.
1. First, right-click on the taskbar and turn off “Lock the Taskbar.”
2. Right-click the taskbar, hover over Toolbars, and select New Toolbar.
3. When it asks you to select a folder, enter this string: %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
4. Find Quick Launch (it may be on the right side of the taskbar), right-click the divider and disable “Show Text” and “Show Title.” Make sure “Small Icons” is enabled.
5. Drag the divider to rearrange Quick Launch on your taskbar (using left-click).
6. Right-click and lock your toolbar again.
You’re welcome. I love you too. [MaximumPC]
View our other Windows 7 tips and our continuing coverage here.