John Jones, a paramedic working in the UK, was recently dismissed from his job after he placed a prawn (a crustacean similar to shrimp) on the chin of a dying man awaiting a jolt from a defibrillator and joked: "Let's see if we can cook this prawn." After the shock was administered he was heard to remark "360 joules won't cook a prawn." If that wasn't enough, his colleague, Clive Greedy, looked on while eating a piece of celery in the patient's kitchen (Greedy is now serving a six-month suspension over the incident). To top it all off, the shock treatment failed and the patient never regained consciousness. God damn, that is cold. [Daily Mail]
Ambulance Worker Tries to Cook a Prawn on a Dying Man's Chin Using a Defibrillator
Trending Stories Right Now
The U.S. president has a new talking point, and per usual, it’s a thinly veiled distraction that if acted on could cause untold harm.
Planned obsolescence is annoying regardless of which smart gadget you’re talking about, but it particularly grinds my gears when it comes to TVs. Sure, you don’t have to destroy your wallet for a decent 4K smart TV anymore—but I know plenty of friends and gadget nerds who do shell out for something a ‘lil nicer for their home theatre setups. The thing is when you do spend hundreds, or even thousands, on a smart TV the idea is you’ve made an investment. You probably expect it to work for several years—not two or three.