An insurance group in the UK just released statistics data on how their customers break their cameras, almost all of which are hilarious scenarios if you try and picture it happening.
• 1/6 blame children or dogs
• 3/100 run over their camera with a car
• 3/4 drop their cameras onto a "hard surface", into water, or by falling onto it and using it to cushion their fall
More stats on people who fall over:
• 1/10 "fell over" when taking shots, "often into water."
• 9/100 fall with their camera in their pocket or in their hand
One photographer reported: 'I was taking some shots in the garden. As I changed the lens I lost my grip on the camera. I tried to cushion its fall by sticking out my foot but ended up "volleying" it across the concrete slabs and down the steps.'