Both sending and receiving of me.com mails is working now. Following a tip by reader Gizmodo reader Tom, we have tested this with our own Mac.com accounts. It works perfectly, both for sending and receiving. Setting it up is very easy:
1. Go to your mail program.
2. Create new account.
3. For the user name, use your current .mac account (in my case: jesusdiaz)
4. For the incoming server select IMAP and enter mail.me.com
5. Use your current .mac password.
6. For the SMTP (outgoing) server enter smtp.me.com
7. Use your current .mac password.