Kensington just dumped a whole host of in-car peripherals. Here's the lot (all prices quoted in USD.):
• Kensington LiquidAUX for iPhone and iPod ($79.99.) Allows for "superior" sound quality via the auxiliary port, whilst simultaneously charging. Comes with a remote, so you don't have to take your eyes off the road.
• Kensington LiquidAUX™ Deluxe for iPhone and iPod ($99.99.) As above, but with cradle and adjustable flexible arm.
• Kensington LiquidAUX™ Bluetooth® Car Kit ($99.99.) Does the same as the above two kits, however, this will allow you to hook up your Bluetooth (A2DP) enabled cellphone instead. Automated music muting and call taking functionality included, as would be expected.
• Kensington Car Charger Deluxe for iPhone and iPod ($49.99.) Cradle that includes adjustable arm, but without the music via auxiliary output. Basically a glorified charger/cradle. Pricey.
• Kensington Bluetooth® Stereo Headphones with Microphone ($79.99.) As the name suggests, these will be your stock Bluetooth headphones, compatible with A2DP, but also incorporating a microphone. Can be used as a standard Skype headset.
For the entire press release, check below:
The LiquidAUX Collection from Kensington Includes:
Kensington LiquidAUX™ for iPhone and iPod (K33429US): Get superior sound quality from a simple
auxiliary port connection and charge your iPhone or iPod at the same time. The wireless remote ensures
that your hands never have to leave the steering wheel. A smart audio sensor turns off the device to
conserve car battery power. Designed for vehicles with auxiliary ports in the center console. Suggested
retail price: $79.99.
Kensington LiquidAUX™ Deluxe for iPhone and iPod (K33430US): Control your music with the
wireless remote and give your iPhone or iPod a home in the car with our adjustable cradle. A flexible arm
allows you to maneuver it to your hearts desire while an auxiliary port connection ensures pure sound
quality from your iPod. Designed specifically for vehicles with in-dash auxiliary ports. Suggested retail
Kensington LiquidAUX™ Bluetooth® Car Kit (K33428US): Enjoy hands-free calling and crystal-
clear music¹ from your music phone through your car's stereo. Bluetooth 2.0 technology with enhanced
data rate, a built-in microphone with noise and echo-canceling technology makes for clear conversations
on the road. Simply press the phone icon on the remote to automatically mute your music and take a call
over your car's stereo. Or, use your phone's supported voice activation to make calls without ever
accessing it directly. A USB charging port ensures that your phone stays charged. This is the ideal
alternative to installing Bluetooth in your car. Suggested retail price: $99.99.
¹A2DP protocol required for wireless music streaming
Kensington Car Charger Deluxe for iPhone and iPod (K33433US): The adjustable dock adapts to
securely fit an iPod or iPhone with or without a case, while a flexible arm adjusts to ensure the optimal
position. Put your iPhone in speaker mode and now you've got a hands-free cradle. Charges iPod models
with dock connector² and iPhone. Suggested retail price: $49.99
²Exluding 3rd Generation iPod
Kensington Bluetooth® Stereo Headphones with Microphone (K33436US): A comfortable behind-
the-head design offers a stylish way to listen to music or conversations, while Bluetooth technology
provides the freedom of wireless compatibility with music phones or notebooks. Easy-to-access buttons
on the headphones control audio playback and volume while also allowing users to answer calls with the
push of a button. Skype® compatible. Suggested retail price: $79.99.
The new Kensington Play it line is available for pre-order at Amazon.com and Kensington.com and will
be available at other major retailers in March 2008.