• The Queen of England created her own YouTube channel. I can't wait to see her reaction video to 2 Girls 1 Cup. [BBC]
• The United States will outlaw the sale of incandescent light bulbs in 2012. [NYT]
• Australia's national ID program got the ax before it could be implemented, thanks to the incoming Rudd Labor Government. [Ars Technica]
• Villagers in Dalit, India are starting to get cell phones. The only problem? Since no electricity runs to Dalit, the villagers need to walk 12 miles every day to charge the phones. [IBN]
• Have a Merry Christmas if you're celebrating, or a great movie/Chinese food day if you're not. Thanks to fellow IU alums We Are The Postmen for the video inspiration. [We Are The Postmen]
News Round-up: Merry Christmas Everyone!
Trending Stories Right Now
If you’re a dog person who has suspected that your four-legged friend may know exactly what you mean when you use certain words or phrases—for example “toy,” or “car,” or maybe even “who’s the good boy?” (he is) — you may be correct.
The Antarctic is no stranger to weird sounds, from ancient trapped air bubbles popping to entire ice sheets disintegrating. Now we can add another freaky track to the ouevre of icy masterpieces.