• The Queen of England created her own YouTube channel. I can't wait to see her reaction video to 2 Girls 1 Cup. [BBC]
• The United States will outlaw the sale of incandescent light bulbs in 2012. [NYT]
• Australia's national ID program got the ax before it could be implemented, thanks to the incoming Rudd Labor Government. [Ars Technica]
• Villagers in Dalit, India are starting to get cell phones. The only problem? Since no electricity runs to Dalit, the villagers need to walk 12 miles every day to charge the phones. [IBN]
• Have a Merry Christmas if you're celebrating, or a great movie/Chinese food day if you're not. Thanks to fellow IU alums We Are The Postmen for the video inspiration. [We Are The Postmen]
News Round-up: Merry Christmas Everyone!
Trending Stories Right Now
There’s a wealth of free software and apps available to help you get the most out of your computer or smartphone (or both) — so much, in fact, that it’s hard to get around to trying most of them. That’s where this list comes in. It’s freshly curated to highlight the top tools and applications you’re (probably) not already using.
Can you find the big cat sneaking up on its prey in this amazing photo by wildlife photographer Inger Vandyke? (Note: This is not a troll. The leopard is really there.)