Following last weekend's RPG kidnapping, the gaming community in Brazil has suffered another shock. 18-year-old has been hospitalized after being struck by lightning while he was gaming. Aguinaldo CÃ©sar Alves, from Jardim Campos ElÃseos, 60 miles from Sao Paolo, had one joystick in his hand and another in his mouth when he was hit yesterday afternoon. The proof, as if you needed it, that Mother Nature can be a bitch sometimes, was left in the teen's bedroom wall.It's not the kind of crack your average teenage boy dreams about in his bedroom, is it? Aguinaldo was taken to hospital, but is expected to be out today as his injuries are not thought to be too serious. Up until yesterday's incident, it was thought that lightning preferred iPods to other gadgets. [Globo.com - thanks, Andre]
Second Brazilian Gamer in a Week Gets it in the Nuts
Trending Stories Right Now
Earlier today a slew of journalists reported significant screen issues with Samsung Galaxy Fold review units. Samsung has finally released a response.
Zack Geballe spent months screwing together pairs of polished diamonds at the Carnegie Institution for Science’s Geophysical Laboratory. Theory predicted that squeezed between the diamonds’ tips could be one of the most miraculous substances of modern physics — a material that, at near room temperature, could transport electricity without losing power. He just needed to get the samples to Argonne National Lab in Chicago to heat them up with laser pulses.