- Watch: The People Who Would Leave Earth For A One-Way Trip To Mars
- ABC iView Has Changed: Here's What's New
- Photos: Storm Over Sydney Looks Like 'Independence Day'
- The War For TV: Aussie Networks Plea For Government Help To Fight Netflix
- What Is This Fake Hoverboard Company Actually Promoting?
- Aussie Kid Ordered To Pay $105,000 After Defamatory Tweet
Scientists unlock mystery of out-of-body experiences.
The newest tomahawk is a mighty morphin' cruise missile.
Free Apps For iOS, Android And Windows Phone
This Week In Smartphone Software Updates
When will you be updated...?
Whitenoise Gizmodo Community
Where the Giz community chats.
I did the world's first ice cream cleanse.
App Deals Of The Day
Today's best mobile app deals for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
A one-way trip to Mars, China's smog-busting drones.
Boeing's X-36 is the single coolest R/C plane in the history of aviation.
How the art of tattoo has coloured world history.
If you want to scientifically impress your friends tonight (or look like a hoity toity smartypants), you can tell them what the colour of fireworks really mean. See that explosion of electric white? That’s white-hot metal flakes. Gorgeous red array? Strontium Carbonate. It’s all about the chemicals, baby.
It’s probably one of the most basic philosophical questions of childhood; “What if what I see as red is what you see as green, and we just never know?!” Well childhood and stonerdom. OK, and maybe the rest of us too. It is, after all, an intriguing proposition that mankind’s understand of colour is based on a sort of misunderstanding.