Netflix has partnered with TV manufacturers to recommend smart TVs based on their movie streaming performance and other features. If you’re in the market this year for a Netflix-friendly television, check out Netflix’s recommended TVs.
This article originally appeared on Lifehacker.
To earn the Netflix Recommended TV title, the smart TV has to meet at least 5 out of the following 7 criteria:
- TV instant on
- TV resume
- Latest Netflix version
- Fast Netflix app launching
- Fast video resuming
- A dedicated Netflix button on the remote
- Easy onscreen Netflix icon access
Only two TV brands qualified in Netflix’s 2016 evaluation: LG and Sony. These are the specific models:
- LG: 2016 4K UHD TVs with webOS 3.0 UH6300 series | UH6500 series | UH7500 series | UH8500 series | UH9500 series | G6 series
- Sony: 2016 Android 4K UHD TVs S85D series | X85D series | X93D series | X94D series | XD93 series | XD94 series | SD85 series | XD85 series
Of course, you probably want to consider many other things when you pick out a television besides how easy it is to get to Netflix. But if you spend a lot of time watching Netflix (as many of us did this weekend), it’s one consideration.
You can see last year’s recommended TVs here.