UberPUPPIES is in Australia for the first time today! Research from Purina Pets at Work shows that having pets in the office can reduce stress and improve productivity, so why not get a bundle of puppy awesomeness delivered to your office? Here’s how it works.
Uber has teamed up with the Purina Pets at Work mission, and local animal shelters, to bring UberPUPPIES to 8 cities in Australia, including Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth, Sunshine Coast and Sydney.
You will be able to request some puppy play time via the Uber app. If successful Uber driver-partners will deliver puppies from SA Dog Rescue (Adelaide), Animal Welfare League QLD (Brisbane/Gold Coast), Best Friends Pet Rescue Inc. (Canberra), Pets Haven (Melbourne), SAFE Perth (Perth), Sunshine Coast Animal Refuge (Sunshine Coast) or Animal Welfare League (Sydney)for some puppy snuggles.
Puppies will be provided and chaperoned by shelter representative and an Uber representative at every stop, but be sure to puppy proof your office — and check for any colleagues with allergies.
How to get your puppies:
1. Open your Uber app between 12pm and 4pm.
2. Request the “PUPPIES” option
3. If puppies are available, you and your colleagues will enjoy 15 minutes of puppy love.
4. It’s just a $40 snuggle fee and Uber and Purina will in turn support participating animal shelters. Plus, all lucky puppy recipients will get an Uber and Purina gift bag.
5. Found the perfect canine-didate? All puppies will be up for adoption.
Demand will be high and there are no guarantees, so best of luck!
— Uber Australia (@Uber_Australia) February 24, 2016
— Rove and Sam (@RoveAndSam) February 24, 2016