This Hoverboard Unboxing Video Is So Hot

This Hoverboard Unboxing Video Is So Hot

A British vlogger was excited to try out his brand new hoverboard when he got a nasty surprise this week. And naturally it was all caught on tape. The hoverboard (sorry guys, that's what they're called now) caught fire after a night of charging and the vlogger's very first attempt at using it. As the vlogger explains in the video, he stepped onto the board and nothing was happening. After less than a minute of tilting and cajoling the gadget, the thing burst into flames.

At this point, it seems like the hoverboard snuff film is becoming its own genre on YouTube. With such high demand, factories in China are pumping out hoverboards at a breakneck pace. And the wiring on these things isn't always up to par.

Over the past few months hoverboards have been banned from public and private places all around the world, including New South Wales. This is unfortunate for people who want to ride hoverboards, but it's probably a good idea until government agencies figure out how to certify that these things won't become rolling balls of fire.

Until then, we'll probably keep seeing videos like this pop up weekly on YouTube. Let's just hope nobody gets seriously hurt one of these days.

If you suspect your hoverboard is dreaming of self-immolation, chuck it in the nearest river and don't buy another one until the insides of these things are no longer made of balsa wood and firecrackers.

This Hoverboard Unboxing Video Is So Hot

Comments

    Just call them "fireboards"- way more accurate and fun.

    They should change the name to AMBULANCE.
    Cause that is the only thing you'll be riding if you get one!

    Good thing he didn't try it inside the house

    It was for his own good, anyone who has difficulty removing styrofoam from a box was doomed to desperate peril on a hoverboard anyway.

    Can't we just call it natural selection and leave it at that?

    No wait I've already used this comment before; let's just go with the "fireboards" one =P

    It's a setup.
    Suckers!

      Agreed. He just happens to be pushing it around with his left foot, away from the source of ignition.

    He voided the warranty when he poured water on it! :-)

    It looks a bit suspicious... The device isn't even turned on.

    You can see on the arm in the middle (they have a battery light and a green GO light). There is neither visible. No wonder it wasn't working, the wheels disengage when it has no power.

    Once it's alight it isn't just going to go out like that, seems like it was a firecracker or something similar.

    I'll believe it once there is proof this was caused by the device.

Join the discussion!

Trending Stories Right Now