Welcome to Gizmodo's new regular Monday run down of what's coming soon in the world of science fiction entertainment. This week: Star Wars comics filling in the blanks of Luke Skywalker's childhood, Suicide Squad posters are revealed and Cloverfield gets a sequel.
Bits And Pieces
• Hippolyta (Diana's mother) has been cast for the upcoming Wonder Woman Feature Film. Connie Neilson, who you may recognise from Gladiator, will play the iconic matriarch and Queen of the Amazons from the island of Themyscira..
• Speaking of Wonder Woman, new images of Diana herself (as played by Gal Gadot) on set have been released. The pics show her in civilian character clothes, but testing out a sword and shield.
• Adam Driver has reprised his role of Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Kylo Ren in a hilarious Undercover Boss themed sketch for Saturday Night Live.
• Netflix have announced a second season for Marvel's Jessica Jones, to the surprise of nobody who has seen it.
• Suicide Squad writer and director David Ayer has revealed the film's poster in a tweet announcing the trailer's launch on Tuesday night. Individual posters for each character have been released, too.
• Star Wars #15 takes us back to Tatooine in a flashback from Ben Kenobi's journal, and looks to explain why Ben didn't have a whole lot to do with Luke as a child.
• The Assassin's Creed movie has wrapped filming. Post production now begins, with the film hitting cinemas in December 2016.
• Idris Elba has been cast as Roland Deschain in the film adaptation of Stephen King's epic series The Dark Tower. Now, fingers crossed Matthew McConaughey signs on to play The Man In Black.
• FOX are considering a spinoff to Gotham (although it hasn't gotten past DC Comics as yet) saying "it feels like a world that has many, many stories to tell."
• Cloverfield is getting a sequel, 10 Cloverfield Lane, starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead and John Goodman.
Short Film Of The Week
Batman Vs The Witcher
Geralt of Rivia battles The Dark Knight in an epic conflict.