If you’re at a party or at a bar or at a club or on the street or just living this thing we called life, you should probably never ever say these pick up lines. They’re cringe-inducingly awful. They make you consider asexuality. They make you want to never meet new people again.
The rest of this week’s top comedy videos, including black superheroes, a TV show with Matchbox 20, Lizzy Caplan’s incredible fashion film and more can be found over at Splitsider.
- Community is back! We talked to departed creator Dan Harmon and season premiere writer Andy Bobrow, looked at highlights from the writers’ Reddit AMA, and checked out how season 4 is faring with the new regime.
- Chris Pratt is going to be a Marvel superhero in Guardians of the Galaxy.
- IFC picked up Comedy Bang Bang for a giant, 20-episode season.
- Kristen Wiig officially signed on for Anchorman 2.
- Delocated will end with a special season finale.
- From across the pond: Monty Python is reuniting for Terry Jones’s new sci-fi movie, and the Alan Partridge movie finally started filming.
- We gave you a guide to the NYC comedy scene.
- A patent troll case is putting the entire podcast community in danger.
- This week in Matthew Perry: we checked in with Go On mid-season and looked at an Onion writer’s fake Studio 60 oral history.
- We found the humour in cancer; talked to comic novelist Teddy Wayne; and revisited It’s Garry Shandling’s Show, Patrice O’Neal’s final 2011 special Elephant in the Room, Brian Doyle Murray’s short-lived SNL career, the lost works of Sledge Hammer! creator Alan Spencer, and a failed pilot called The Adventures of Superpup.
- We recommend the week’s best podcasts.
Splitsider is a website about comedy and the people who create it. It covers movies, TV shows, web videos, books and any other format that exists to make you laugh.